Sunday, February 2, 2014

Blueberry Bread 


     I don't know why I'm on a blueberry kick - well, it's been a couple of years, which is more than a kick.  They are by far, my current favorite fruit.  I want blueberries in my fruit smoothies, in my yogurt, in my fruit salad, and in my breakfast breads.  I've been saving this Blueberry Coffee Cake recipe (from Southern Living magazine) to try when I had the yogurt and blueberries on hand.  It seems to be chock full of blueberries and that almond sugar crunchy goodness on top looks too good to be true.


     Feeling the need to bake something and finding myself with blueberries AND yogurt, I stirred this cake up.  All went well and as planned in the recipe except that I baked it 40 minutes instead of the 25-30 minutes called for.  It is a beautiful moist cake filled with blueberries and topped with almonds, sugar and more blueberries.  I'll definitely copy this to the "make again" file.  I think it would be good with bananas and coconut, too - my two other go to fruit of the moment.  





No comments:

Post a Comment